Thursday, May 20, 2010

Alsancak...my new spot l

Okay so while my new found freedom has gotten a little lonely, it has also been liberating and exciting. I am trying to grow from this independence instead of dwell. But...
I've decided...enough about me. I'm in Turkey! And all I've been doing latley is complaining!! Let me set aside my milk and cookies and tell you about Turkey...
After getting dressed and preparing my bag for an unknown trek to Alsancak (it is the path that was unknown and Alsancak is far from my mountian abode) I once again walk down Izyuva and try to figure out my next mode of transport. Simultaneously, amidst a very important decision, it starts to rain...decision expedited! I hop on the next passing Dolmus that happens to say "Alsancak." I pay the man, relax in my seat thinking all is well, and watch the rain fall.
I'm going to skip to the next day in Alsancak for the rest of that story is complaining...ie my sandal broke, I got rained on and lost etc etc etc.
The next day in Alsancak was beautiful. And it made me feel like the day prior's mishaps did not happen in vain. I walked through the city which was very similiar to Istanbul (less history but just as fast). I walked into the small streetside shops. I ate at a quaint little eatery where I had a delicious tavuk pide for 3 lira. Note to self (guilty pleasure cliche statement) don't accidentally drink the water. Not even the local people drink it! Against popular belief, you will not writhe in stomach pains and vomit uncontrollable but you will have to spontaneously eject mass amounts of liquid from your ass. No warning either! Now I'm sure this may not be the same for all countries, or perhaps all bodies, but this is the 2nd or 3rd time its happened to me! And if ever traveling in turkey, when you spot a public bathroom...remember where it is cause chances are when you have a horrible onset of the butt urine you will wish you remembered! Which brings me to my next blog..I was going to do this seperate from my blog but this seems all too relevant: My note to selves/note to travelers (atleast of Turkey)...then I will resume Alsancak.

No comments:

Post a Comment