Saturday, April 24, 2010

Preparation; Baggage and mindset

As I sit in front of my brand new mini me computer; a netbook, both petite and practical, I mentally prepare myself for the journey by which I will soon embark.

I finish pulling off the last of the see through sticky things that keep my miniature computer new and unscratched and I'm still wondering "What am I about to do? Did I really think this one through?" But all that doesn't matter. Hours from now I will be Eastward bound... landing right in the middle of that East in a city of strangers and strange ways I think I'm ready to learn.

I wonder what will be pulsating through my mind as I breathe in my last breaths of America. I'll wave goodbye to my family and probably cry tears of both excitement and regret but mostly tears of salty liquid that, unbeknownst to scientists, escapes our tear ducts when we are sad.

My thoughts now are more calm and tired rather than panicked but we'll see tomorrow how I feel....

No comments:

Post a Comment